Monday, July 2, 2012

Ranking - Lodging

 I left off my hotels because it's not apples to apples.  Clearly, the JW Marriott in Bangkok is a paradise.

This ranking is for quality, not price.  Price scales by location, but all of my accommodations were highly rated for their location.  Quality should have been similar, but it wasn't.

1. Pride of Paddington - London, United Kingdom
2. St. Christopher's - Paris, France
3. K's House - Tokyo, Japan
4. Sunshine Bedz KL - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5. 5footway.inn Chinatown - Singapore, Singapore

6. Chef Hostel - Tel Aviv, Israel
7. Tower Hostel - Amman, Jordan

8. Parkview Hostel - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
9. Flip Flop Hostel - Taipei, Taiwan
10. Niras Cultural Center - Bangkok, Thailand
11. Jin's Paradise - Seoul, South Korea
12. CSIA - Mumbai, India

I didn't include the trains I slept on either.  Number 12 is sort of a joke too, but the ranking still stands.  Do not stay at the Mumbai Airport in the terminal.

I don't have a whole lot of commentary on the rankings.  Some people might want the best party atmosphere or the softest bed.  All I wanted was cleanliness and air conditioning.

The top three were all pretty nice.  They were spotless and cool.  Korea and Thailand were filthy and hot.

Israel was the most like a home.  That's probably because it was.  The owners slept there too and cooked a lot.

I think accommodations are unrelated to the country itself.  There are nice hotels in Thailand (like the JW) and horrible hotels in France.  I stayed at one for work once.

However, if you ever find yourself looking for a place to stay, my list above might be helpful.  Number 1-9 were decent enough to stay at again.

No comments:

Post a Comment