Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 21 - Lazy Morning

I slept in until 9:30 because leaving the comfortable Marriott bed, as compared to my normal sleeping arrangements, was much harder (haha).

I pressed the DND button on the control panel next to the bed and lounged around the room.  The staff had put a fruit bowl on the desk during turndown service last night, so I decided to have a morning snack.

Hmmm...how do you eat this?

Ah ha!
After eating the crazy fruit, I ate a guava.  Then I decided to leave room for the real breakfast in the lounge.  I left my phone in the room so I have no pictures, but there were all sorts of tasty things I haven't had since leaving home.  I saw a waffle iron next to 20 different bread and pastry options.  There were all sorts of fresh fruits cut and a number of cereal options.  I settled on an Asian noodle dish for a first course.  I only did it because it had real beef in it.  I haven't had normal beef (non-organ meat) in over three weeks!  Delicious.  Then I moved on to the fruit and finished up with a customized omelet.  She let me stuff it with thai chilis and douse it with tabasco.  Heavenly.

I came back to the room and showered before checking my work email for the first time.  142 emails.  Yuck.  I had 72 personal emails, excluding spam.  It took me a few hours to get through everything.  Most of the personal emails were actually important, like student loan verifications and coming due bills back home.  However, I can handle doing some work from the comfort of the hotel room.  Doing it from the street using a random spotty wifi connection is more of a chore.

I arranged for a late check-out, so I didn't actually leave the hotel until 2pm.  I checked my bags at the concierge and headed out into the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment