Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 23 - Amman to Tel Aviv

The Amman Airport is not a great place.  From looking out the windows that weren't covered in sand, it looks like they are building a nice new terminal.  That will be good, because the current one looks like something the British built in the 1920s.

From what I can tell, there are not jet bridges at the airport.  That means you get to walk down the stairs and take a bus.  That's not a big deal for me, but there are a good number of people who can't walk down steep airplane steps.  That makes getting on and off pretty time consuming.  Also, RJ saves fuel and keeps the planes powered down during this time.  Not good for stress levels.  You sit in the back sweating while people stand in the aisle and look inside their luggage.  Grrr...

The Crown Lounge was decent though.  It didn't have the best selection of food and the bathrooms were incredibly small for the number of people at the lounge, but it was a much nicer place to be than the terminal.  There were lots of personal TVs with headsets.
Exotic new foods!


I think it says 7-UP.
I have officially left Asia.  I am going to miss my Asian food, but I do like hummus, so the Middle East should keep me well fed.

My flight to Tel Aviv was delayed for three hours, but after the bus transfer and a short flight, I landed in Israel.  Immigration was surprisingly easy to get through.  It took me 20 seconds even though it looked like most people were having trouble getting in.  I guess a US passport comes in handy in Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment