Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 17 - Train to Kuala Lumpur

After sitting in the waiting area for a few hours, I boarded my night train to Kuala Lumpur.  The train was pretty basic, but efficient.


Second class sleeper train in Malaysia.
 Everyone boarded and climbed into their compartments with luggage.  I feel bad for anyone who brought full size luggage, because I have no idea how you would sleep with a suitcase taking up half the bed.  I also don't know how you would sleep if you're taller than 5'10.  Like everything else in Asia, the train is designed for small people.  It will be very strange to return home and not feel like a giant, towering over everyone else.

The train was pretty uneventful.  I closed the curtains and no one bothered me.  I did take a picture of the Malaysian rainforest.


Trees.  Lots of trees.
When I woke up, I was 30 minutes outside of Kuala Lumpur.  I watched the scenery go by until I arrived at the Malaysian capital.

Mercifully, the train station had showers.  The room was very poorly marked, but I found it after looking on four different floors.  I showered, changed clothes, and admired the plant in the bathroom.


Well, at least they tried.
I wandered around outside looking for the monorail before being told it was actually down the street.  I noticed that there was construction the entire way to the station.  Then the monorail station was under construction.  In fact, all the stations were.  Thankfully, the hostel was not under construction.  I checked in and set out to explore Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment