Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 4 - Refugee Camp

I woke up thinking I was in a refugee camp.  There were people everywhere.  Every bed had a person, but so did the couch, the chair, and the roof.  The hostel has one bathroom for 12+ people.  Jin (the owner) is a genius.  He rents an apartment and stuffs it with 12 (or more) people every night.  It's a huge cash generator.  I wish this scheme would work in the US, but I think my apartment complex would shut it down real quick.

Common Area (with couch sleeper)

Six beds in this bedroom
I woke up at 5am (again) and showered.  Being the first one up has some pretty strong advantages.  You don't have to wait in line for the shower, there is still hot water, and you don't have to listen to everyone else complain about how horrible they feel.  Maybe if they took a night off from drinking they could see what a normal morning feels like?

No comments:

Post a Comment