Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 23 - Tel Aviv

It's Saturday, so that means no public transportation in Israel.  I was forced to take a taxi for 162 shekels.  Ouch.

I walked into the hostel just in time for the family meal.  I was promptly given cake and ice cream.  Then I ate some Jewish vegetables before going to my room.  The hostel is really just an apartment where all the rooms are filled with beds.  The people here seem friendly.

I decided not to waste any time and headed out into Tel Aviv.  I walked to the sea and up the promanade.  Israelis really like the sea.


That building on the right is crazy.

Nice place to walk.

Just a few people enjoying the beach.
I walked a really long way.  After walking the promanade, I stopped for some ice cream at a famous Israeli place.

Iceberg Ice Cream.
My ice cream was caramel with salt, figs, pistachios, and peppercorns.  It wasn't so good.  It looked pretty in the display, but I can't read Hebrew.  Oh well, it was fun to try something creative.

From there, I walked all the way back down the promanade from the Tel Aviv port to the Jaffa port.  (My poor feet!)

Part of my walk down south.
The Jaffa port.
He might be on to something...
I watched the sunset on the beach before heading back.  I took a wrong turn and ended up pretty lost, but it let me explore the city at night, so I suppose it was sort of a good thing.  After getting back to the hostel, I went to bed at midnight after meeting some other guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment