Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 27 - Arrival in London

The hostel is inside of a pub.  In Bangkok, my hostel was in a coffee shop.  I have a feeling this will be louder.

The first task was to do laundry.  I had to wear dirty clothes today since there was no laundromat in Amman.  Dirty clothes from Jordan are very dirty, so it was miserable all day.  I found a laundromat nearby, but it closed in 30 minutes.  I raced there and luckily there was a 20 minute "fast wash" cycle option on the washing machine.  It wasn't cheap, but it worked.  I didn't have time to dry the clothes, but the synthetic materials dry quickly.

Local dry cleaner.
 $9 for 20 minutes!

I hung them back at the hostel and went for a pita across from the hostel.

Turkish doner kebab pita.  Tasty.
My clothes were almost dry when I returned and I talked to two Americans from Chicago about getting an MBA.  One of them had applied at the same schools I had.

I watched the semifinal of the Euros between Spain and Portugal before writing updates and going to bed.  Tomorrow I start my last city!

No comments:

Post a Comment