Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 11 - Pad Thai

For my third meal of the day, I was determined to find the best Thai food on the planet.  Everyone in Bangkok universally acclaims Thipsamui to have the best pad thai.  Luckily for me, it's across the street from my hostel!  The line was way too long, but I wanted to eat there so I could try the coconut drink everyone was raving about.  So, I went back to hostel and killed time.  I walked over at 11:30pm and the line had died down.

I ordered their "deluxe" pad thai.  They have 5 or 6 options.  I chose the most expensive one.  I didn't know what was in it at the time, but it ended up including shrimp fat, which I didn't know existed, and shrimp roe, which I knew existed, but had never had.  It turns out, they are both pretty tasty.

Is this the best pad thai in existence?

Yes, yes it is.



Wonderful Coconut Juice Freeze!
The bad part about this meal is that now I will know what the real version of pad thai tastes like.  It was like having real French pastries in Europe and then coming home to Krispy Kreme donuts.  It's just not the same.

After a second Coconut Freeze (only 15 baht!) I walked back across the street and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment