Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 18 - Train to Penang

It seems my luck ran out finally.  A sore throat came on in just a few hours with thick nasal congestion.  No fun.  I suppose it's better than traveler's diarrhea though.  I took a doxycycline in the hopes that it's a bacterial sinus infection.  If it doesn't clear up by tomorrow night I am going to have a very painful flight.  Time to go to one of the scary looking buildings labeled "Farmisi" and look for a decongestant featuring an active ingredient I recognize from the US.

The train ride was fine, but it was tough to breathe while laying down.  I didn't sleep very well, but at least it was quiet.

Everyone asleep in their beds.
We arrived at a temporary shed that acted as the train station.  I walked to the ferry which wasn't too far and for RM1.20, it took me to Penang Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment