Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 12 - Eating Bangkok

After my success eating Thai food last night, I decided to try and eat as much local food as possible before departing tomorrow.  I think 1/3 of all the people here cook food for a living, so finding things to eat is pretty simple.

I decided to try one course at each place I stopped at.  I started off with a light salad.

Catfish and mango salad.
Then I passed by these tasty things on a grill.

Thai taco?

Not really, but they look like tacos.
One was salty shrimp.  The other was dried fruit.  Both good snacks while I headed for a main course.


Sweet and sour crispy noodles.
We just don't have these flavors back home.  The noodles had such a unique flavor, incorporating sweet, salty, and sour all together.

I needed to find some dessert and it started to rain so I darted to the nearest place I could find.

Coconut ice cream with peanuts.
My topping choices were peanuts, corn, or rice puffs.  It was a very different type of ice cream.  It was sort of a hybrid between normal ice cream and dippin' dots in texture.  Although, you can't be too critical since anything cold is wonderful in this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment