Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 24 - Always Read the Box

I woke up at 11am, getting back a big chunk of the sleep I lost over the last four days.  My first task was to buy decongestant (since my cold hasn't gone away.)  Thailand sent me to the hospital (scary!) and India didn't sell it at the airport.  I found some at a pharmacy near the hostel and immediately took a couple pills.

Then I went to grab breakfast in a street market I found.  I ended up finding the world's meanest baker who became angry after I mistook a 1/10th shekel coin for a 10 shekel coin.  They both say 10 on them!  I switched to a 100 shekel bill and got my strange bread.

I ate the first roll and then tragedy struck.  I started feeling pretty sick and went to sit down.  I made it to an alley before throwing up.  Then I felt pretty good.  It was very strange.  I realized that the ingredients in the Israeli medicine were different than back home and it probably said to take with food.

I ate my other bread and found an orange juice machine.  You toss oranges in it and put a cup beneath the spout.  It doesn't get any fresher.  Good stuff.

Then I had a falafel pita.
Only 8 shekels!
It wasn't the best, but for 8 shekels, I can't complain.  Then I walked an eternity to the Tel Aviv central bus station.

No comments:

Post a Comment