Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 11 - A Sleepy Morning in Chaos (Bangkok)

I woke up at 10am local time, which is good.  I have learned that nothing in Asia opens before 9:30am anyway.  I took a shower in lukewarm water.  It was originally cold water, but the sun and air temperature had warmed it.

The hostel has a laundry service and I had nothing to wear, so I dropped off my dirty clothes and wore my athletic shorts to the lobby of the coffee shop.  While waiting for my clothes (4 hours because they dry clothes with a fan outside) I went across the street to a lady who looked like she was cooking something.

I had no idea how to order in Thai, so I just held out money.

She made me some noodles with shrimp...and chilis.  HOT chilis.
Then she brought me four condiments.  Hot peppers in vinegar, chili oil, crushed red pepper, and sugar.  So I can make the noodles, hotter, hotter, hotter, or sweeter.  At least I had options.

Lunch was at the cart across the street, so I went back to the hostel to write blog updates while I finished waiting for my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment