Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 5 - Incheon International Airport and Hotel Sevilla

With my feet still feeling beat up, I didn't think I could take another day of walking through Seoul.  I also didn't want to repeat the hour-long train ride again.  I decided to book a hotel near the airport and enjoy some (relative) luxury.

First I needed to eat, but I was nearly out of won.  I didn't want to take out more won just to leave the country and try to get Wells Fargo to take it, so I found the only breakfast I could afford.


Muffin and hot water.  Yes, boiling water.  No idea why.
  After breakfast, I went to the hotel information desk to ask about hotels.  They were nice enough to find a place that wanted to charge me 120K won for one night while advertising a room for 80K online.  After I pointed out the small pricing discrepancy, they were happy to take me for 80K.  It's funny how that works.

An old man picked me up in a mini-van 15 minutes later and I was off to the Hotel Sevilla.  I think the pictures from their ad were 30 years old, because you can see how luxurious it used to be.  Still, it was paradise compared to the refugee camp.  The shower was especially nice because it wasn't covered in hair and bacteria.  It also came with towels so I didn't have to use my camp towel again!  I feel like a king!

Afterwards, I needed some food.  The hotel is close to a bunch of convenience stores and restaurants.  Let's see what I can find.


Sardines?  No thanks.


Spiky balls of death?  I'll pass.

Ah, Coke Zero and Tteokbokki.  Perfect.
I think the spiky balls were durian fruit.  They smelled awful.  Look up durian and read about them.  I had a durian smoothie in Charlotte once and regretted my choice.

Tonight will be reading and relaxing in my hotel room.  Tomorrow will have to be an intense day of walking to make up for losing a day in Taipei.  Hope my feet are ready.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of happy experience in Sevilla. Actually, I also had a vacation there last month and I saw the beautiful places and spots on that place. I wish I could go there again. Anyway, if you have time, you can visit the site that I've found about cheap yet beautiful hotels, just click here to visit and browse all the hotels.

    ReplyDelete