Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 8 - Morning in Hong Kong

I woke up early (do I ever wake up late?) and hit the road.  I started my morning quest for breakfast.  First, I wondered through a familiar place.

I think I've been here before.
Inside is a massive shopping mall with different floors for different types of products.  Unfortunately, the Times Square Food Forum was still closed.  In fact, at 8am, everything was closed.  When does this city wake up?

I found a street market that was open.  I bought the usual hodge-podge breakfast.

Coconut roll and bananas.
The bananas were only sold in bunches, so I ended up paying fifty US cents for the ones in the picture.  I had one for breakfast, one for lunch, one for dinner, and the other two were smashed to smithereens in my backpack.  Yuck.

I headed to the tram to go up to the top of the mountain on Hong Kong Island.  On the way, I found a pretty nice church.  The tram was horribly hot and had a massive line, but it was pretty fun to go up a mountain at a 30 degree angle.  It was sort of like a rollercoaster.  The views at the top were nice.  (If you haven't seen a trend yet, I like tall things.)

Fancy church in the middle of Hong Kong.

Waiting for the tram.

It looks like Hawaii.

Just a few buildings around here.

Hong Kong's best viewpoint features Bubba Gump Shrimp Company?!
America has conquered the world.  We prove this by placing chain restaurants in high profile places in foreign countries.  Next, I think we should open a McDonalds in the Louvre.

No comments:

Post a Comment